Wednesday, September 4, 2013

In the beginning

the earth was flat. Or not. It's just what my mind says whenever I hear the phrase in the beginning. Anyways this is supposed to be a personal diary/ reflection/ ramble about the task of losing weight. Which I really need to. too? It's late, I'm running out of grammatical correctness. So. I will say, or rather type it, for all to see. I am 140 kg. Yep, you read that right. I'm 5 foot 6 at most and double the weight I should be. I was going to upload a photo but I don't have one of me on this computer so that will have to wait. As a quick history lesson, I have been overweight since i was a very small child. This is through no fault of my mother before people tell me i had a terrible childhood. I had a wonderful childhood, it was just unfortunate that she had to deal with one child who ate everything in sight and another child that was such a fussy eater she was borderline anorexic. That same sister is still a size 10-12 and eats everything I wish I could. Chocolate, chips, garlic duets with hot chips for lunch every fricking day... My only hope is that all the weight catches up with her and she finds out how I feel looking at food and wanting it badly. Which sounds mean now that I think about it. Soz sis :( So, overweight for years. Overweight in school means self confidence dies a horrible death. Overweight in uni isn't so bad except walking across campus is a killer. Overweight as a primary school teacher however, not a good idea. In the rougher schools kids are honest about what they think and not afraid to tell you. Plus teaching healthy eating whilst being massively overweight is just plain wrong. I taught for a year in broken hill. It was my first time away from home, isolated in the middle of no where, i knew no one and did not make friends easily. Needless to say I fell into deep depression and ate my heart out. Which is why I ended up at over 150kgs. So far then, after a year of work I have lost 10 kgs. Which sounds awesome till you realise 1 year = 52 weeks and that means less than 0.2 kg a week. I have tried possibly every diet out there. The fasting diet, weight watchers, the shake diet, duromine, dietitians. It's a killer. However hopefully this round will be the round to win the battle. I have restarted weight watchers and today I joined anytime fitness. Weight watchers is tonight actually so can give an accurate when I get home. I am finding it difficult though. My doctor has me on antidepressants (which work well unless you forget to take them. Which I have twice now) and metforim or something like that for insulin resistance. No diabetes but polycystic ovaries are causing havoc as usual. Anyone else have facial hair that won't stop growing. I cringe every time I have to shave my face. Anyways this is seriously becoming a massive ramble. Which I enjoy immensely but the pile of assignments reminds me I do have other things to do. So day 1, ramble 1 and hopefully the beginning of a much more significant weight lost then I have had so far. 10 kg down and 70 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment